CO2 Capture Technology Meeting
The Department of Energy's National Energy Technology Laboratory (DOE/NETL) hosted the 2010 CO2 Capture Technology Meeting on September 13-17, 2010 at the Sheraton Station Square Hotel in Pittsburgh, PA. The meeting provided a public forum to present carbon dioxide (CO2) capture technology development status and accomplishments made under NETL’s Innovations for Existing Plants, Carbon Sequestration and Demonstration Programs (CCPI -Clean Coal Power Initiative and ICCS -Industrial Carbon Capture and Sequestration). In addition, ARPA-E Program Director Mark Hartney highlighted the Agency's CO2 capture portfolio.
The ARPA-E projects highlighted at the meeting are summarized below.
View the full meeting agenda (pdf).
View ARPA-E Program Director Mark Hartney's presentation (pdf)
ARPA-E Poster Presentations:
1. James Lalonde, Codexis Inc.
2. Kunlei Liu, University of Kentucky, Center for Applied Energy Research
3. Jeffrey Long, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
4. Joan Brennecke, University of Notre Dame
5. Larry Baxter, Sustainable Energy Solutions/Brigham Young University
Cryogenic Carbon Capture (pdf)
6. Edward Swanson and Tushar Patel, Columbia University
7. Aqil Jamal, RTI International
8. Hongcai Zhou, Texas A&M University
9. Fritz Simeon, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
10. Teresa Grocela, GE Global Research
11. Joshuah Stolaroff, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
12. David Sholl, Georgia Tech
13. Kathryn A. Berchtold, Los Alamos National Laboratory
14. Sheng Dai, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
High Performance CO2 Scrubbing Based on Hollow Fiber-Supported Designer Ionic Liquid Sponges
15. Vladimir Balepin, ATK
16. Aleksandr Noy, Porifera Inc.
17. Harry Cordatos, United Technologies Research Center
18. Wayne M. Carlson and Jitendra T. Shah, Nalco Company
19. David Moore and Kai Landskron, Lehigh University
20. Fanxing Li, Ohio State University